2.8

Highly Dissatisfied

Excellent doctor

I have known Dr. Atia for a number of years. I find him to be a very good doctor who knows his specialty well. He takes his time w/ you & answers all your questions. His weakness is that he runs behind schedule & you can really wait, if you're a late afternoon patient. I see him in the Chicago office.

Incompetent, inept office staff. Don’t waste your time and money!!

First visit with Dr Atia went well, he was very receptive and informative, although he never examined me. Scheduled a procedure only to be told the day before not covered by insurance. The office staff is horrible, gives misinformation, does not listen, your time is not valued. A complete waste of time and resources. I have never experienced such malfeasance from a medical staff. Beware!!

Although we met with Dr Atia before the procedure and he agreed to perform a screenning colonoscopy, he coded it incorrectly -- resulting in over $300 of additional charges not normally covered by health insurance. His Billing clerk TERRY was completely unhelpful and insisted that I didn't know what I was taking about and that a mistake was not possible. The billing manager OSCAR was also a total jerk and would not agree to resubmit the claim with the correct coding even though BCBSIL did already agree to pay it. BCBSIL eventually agreed to pay the covered charges in spite of his bad actions and improper (fraud?) medical coding. I later found a colleague who had a similar bad experience, and they are still hounding him for a $5.00 charge. Avoid DR ATIA and the ILLINOIS CENTER for DIGETIVE & LIVER HEALTH at all costs (literally).

Greta, in the billing department of the Chicago office has been great working to resolve my billing issue. Thank you.

Please stay away!

Terrible.. Terrible... Terrible... Front desk totally unprofessional and sloppy looking. Phones are rarely answered and the Dr's always leaves the room to talk on their phones. Very rude... I will never go back!! Plus you have to wait for at least an hour to see him for 5 minutes.

Proceed at your own risk

I was referred to the team at the Illinois Center for Liver and Digestive Health a few months back for a gastric issue. The doctors there have been extremely unresponsive to my needs. For more than a week I have had severe issues either due to the medication prescribed or the diagnosis given. Several calls were made to the office alerting them of the severity of my condition and requesting a return call; which of course did not happen until a complaint was lodged with my primary physician. This is not the first time that this office has been unresponsive. After spending more than a week of discomfort, I was rushed to the ER. As a patient, I am doing my due diligence with my health. What is the sense of following up with a doctor when a problem arises if they are too busy to return a telephone call from a patient? PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK*****

Dr. George N Atia is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Barrington, IL.