2.7

Neutral

First visit--over 1.5 hr. wait. Dr. ordered blood tests as well as endoscopy & liver biopsy. 3 weeks later after blood results had been sent immediately, he has not even seen nor reviewed the blood work, yet he wonders why I did not go for these invasive procedures when he never reviewed my recent blood tests. All Dr. Atia was referring to was 2010 blood tests faxed to his office. He dismissed me as a patient. Thank God! His staff seemed to have the blood tests available online, but not in front of the Dr. Nurse advised all was fine except elevated iron. Why would I pay for these two procedures if only iron was elevated? Poor staff...won't even forward my blood work. Guess I must drive to pick it up & wait again for 1.5 hrs.

Absolutely Horrible

Had to wait 1.5 hours to see the doctor..scheduled the procedures for next day, then he called back and cancelled. Receptionists were very disorganized - had to literally research online how to do the pre-colonoscopy prep in order to find out that I'll be sedated and wouldn't be able to drive back. The most awful experience I've ever had at a doctor. Avoid at all costs.

Looking for another Dr.

Went to this Dr. for three years. His office staff are terrible and I told him this over a year ago. After my last surgery, Dr. Atia was three hours late for the surgery and did not even visit my room when I was in the hospital overnight. The last two times I saw him, he took calls from the hospital or another Dr. and talked on the phone for at least 10 minutes about some patient who had cancer and I heard to heard all the details. No more, I'm looking for a new doctor.

BE WARNED

Condescending Dr. and staff. Treated me as if he was doing me a favor by seeing me. His "care" resulted in extensive pain, worsening of the problem and having to have a painful surgery to correct problems he misdiagnosed and, in my opinion, made worse.

I would IF I EVER SAW HIM !!

I would rate this Dr. IF I EVER GOT TO SEE HIM !!!!!! His office staff is TERRIBLE!!! I work in a Medical Office and I know IF the Dr. is running late--YOU LET THE PATIENT KNOW!!!!! After an HOUR wait they said --I'll let him know you are waiting after going up to window and asking how much longer-- she said Oh-- Do you have an appt ?? I said YES an hour ago!! at 4:30-- Then Because I was sitting near the reception desk and heard people come in and say-- they were here for 5:00 o'clock and 5:15 appt. and at 5:45 they TOOK THOSE patients ahead of me--I just went up to window and said cancel-my appt.--the girl did not even look up at me!!!

What A Disaster

RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION! This "doctor" and the entire facility is a disaster. First, you'll wait forever. Then you'll be seen by a "physician" who has little time for you or your problems. You won't get a single question asked of substance. And then - if you're like me - you'll be misdiagnosed!! The best thing I can say for this guy is his magazines were within a year of their issue date. RUN!

No bedside manners

Waited to long for results

Horrible Office Staff

Horribly run office. Phone calls are not returned for days - once I waited 10 days. Appointments are not scheduled per Dr instructions. They are temporarily out of the BCBS network and did not deal with this to my satisfaction.

a totally unacceptable experience

after turning in circles trying to figure out which window to check in at, with the office staff pretending I wasn't standing there, I finally had to knock on the closed sliding window and ask if I was in the correct place for an appointment. they reluctantly opened the window, then asked when was the last time I had seen the doctor ( although I was clearly a new patient). after the doctor showed out the patient before me, he greeted a rep. or agent of some kind who had just come into the office, and escorted her back to his office, leaving me sitting there. after ONE hour and 15 minutes of waiting, during which I had asked the office staff if there was a problem that was detaining the doctor from honoring my appt., and was assured the doctor was running "a little late" and that he would see me soon. after the interminable wait, I went in to ask if the doctor was in fact aware that I had a 3:30 appt., it now being 4:45. they said "oh yes, he has seen you". at that point I walked out.

Dr. George N Atia is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Barrington, IL.