2.7

Neutral

office staff

office staff was very unprofessional-all personal talk about themselves and lunch ordering, etc. too many office people in too small a space- they seemed to be in each others way

Dr. Atia is busy, and the wait times can be long at his office. However, the wait is worth it. He is very kind, thorough, and listens to all questions and concerns. Once he's in the room, I feel like his only patient. He has been treating me for 6 years and always squeezes me into his schedule when I have a serious concern. His treatments have made me feel a thousand times better. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Stay away!!!!!!!!! His business office is incompetent. I paid their bill within five days and I am still getting threatening notices from a collections company. Now their office email box is full and their main number in Barrington doesn't work.

Great doctor, busy though

Dr. Atia is an awesome physician. He is very caring, knowledgeable and a good listener. He will treat you, and fix you! The office manager is great as well. In the past wait times have been long, but it has always been worth it. However, recently the office has become too busy and access to the Doctor has suffered. New staff in the office seem to be fairly clueless as well. Patients can see another doc on staff there now, but I do not like his style. I do not feel like he listens to a word I say.

During my first visit Dr. Atia seemed very friendly and professional. Due to my symptoms he prescribed an endoscopy and colonoscopy. Immediately after this procedure, when he briefed me before I went home he gave me very vague information, saying I wouldn't remember anything at that point because of the effect of the sedatives and that he would elaborate when I came in for my follow up in two weeks, in addition to prescribing medication for some of my problems. When I came in for the follow up he asked if I was feeling any better, when I said no, he told me to give it more time and it would clear up. That was it, then he turned back to his computer. After a bit he turned back around, and asked if I had anymore questions, I said I did and wanted to know what the details he had been waiting to tell me were. He said there was nothing new to tell and then turned back to his computer. When I tried to clarification on terms he had used when talking to me at the hospital after the procedure a few weeks before he went down a rabbit trail and never answered the question, then turned back to his computer. When I didn't leave immediately, he turned back and told me if I had no other questions he had other patients to see. Since he hadn't answered any of the questions I which I had asked, I was rather surprised, but left seeing as he had already turned back to his computer once again and obviously didn't care to give me any more information. I'm currently in the process of trying to procure my records from him (since I have been calling for months without a single returned phone call) so that I can have another Dr. look over them and explain the findings to me. One who actually cares about the patient.

This doctor did not spend enough time with me to answer all my questions. He was always in a hurry and seem annoyed when answering questions. Long wait and all that for a 5 minute visit.

Had a bit of a wait, But this Doctor is extremely kind and caring and spent all the time I needed for questions. I'm sending all my friends to him (he is worth the wait!!)

This doctor spent 10 minutes with me after a 2 hour wait. He was late and rushed.

Dr. George N Atia is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Barrington, IL.