Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George Barker
Dr. George Barker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in McMinnville, OR. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Barker is affiliated with Willamette Valley Medical Ctr, Williamette Valley Med Ctr, McMinnville, Or and Providence Medford Med Ctr, Medford, Or. He speaks English.
Dr. George Barker has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. George Barker has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. George Barker has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. George Barker is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr Barker, is a quiet but highly intelligent man. He saw me in the ER with a horrible septic infection due a very bad repair job and very bad care by a different provider (not in the McMinnville). I transferred my follow-up care to him after leaving my inpatient stay in the hospital. He was kind, gentle, intelligent, and sympathetic. He everything he could to help me heal before referring me to a specialist. He answered all my questions and was happy to take time to answer them. His staff was wonderful and kind. They were especially great at dealing with my HR department and short term disability claim people--both required lots of paper work and frequent case note updates. I would recommend him to anyone and if I ever decide to have more children, I will definately go to him. As for my wait time in the waiting room--I consistently got to my apts early so that factored into my wait time.
Dr. Barker had a horrible bedside manner. He was condescending and rude. He told me that I should reconsider having more children because they were expensive (I have 2). His staff was consistently rude and purposely made me wait in the waiting room for 45 minutes because I questioned then necessity of a particular test. I would NOT recommend him as a medical provider.
Dr. Barker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Willamette Valley Medical Ctr
Williamette Valley Med Ctr, McMinnville, Or
Providence Medford Med Ctr, Medford, Or
40 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University
Graduated in 1973
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions320 SE Baker St, McMinnville, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George Barker in this video.
Dr. George Barker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near McMinnville, OR.