Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George Bartzokis
Dr. George Bartzokis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with other offices in Los Angeles, CA and Los Angeles, CA . He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Bartzokis is affiliated with Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare Center, Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center and University of California - Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. George Bartzokis has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. George Bartzokis has the following 13 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Cocaine-Related Disorders
- Cognition Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Huntington Disease
- Memory Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. George Bartzokis has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. George Bartzokis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Bartzokis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare Center
Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
University of California - Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
UCLA Medical Center
Stewart and Lynda Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
30 Years Experience
Graduated in 1983
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. George Bartzokis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.