Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George Beckwith
Dr. George Beckwith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Bern, NC. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Beckwith is affiliated with Carolina East Health System and Carolina East Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. George Beckwith has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr.George Beckwith is the most compassionate Physician, Cardiologist, Internist and "Human Being" I have known in my 48 years of life. I first met him in 1992 where he became my primary care physician at that time. You will not ever find a more caring and patient provider in any medical specialty. Dr. Beckwith takes the time to listen to any and all of your problems and complaints, sometimes medical and personal even. He always goes far beyond what most physicians do to provide the much needed quality and compassionate care to each and every patient. Dr. Beckwith will follow up on you and call you or have a nurse call you when additional communication is necessary. Getting treated by his nurses and other staff members is always a pleasure. It is a crying shame that there are not many more Physicians like Dr. George Beckwith as there are certainly a abundant amount of Physicians acting as "care givers". I know for a fact that Dr. Beckwith treats all of his patient fairly and with the greatest respect and professionalism anyone could ever ask for. As for me, I do not know what I would have done in the past had Dr. Beckwith not made himself available to treat me with some very severe and traumatic injuries and illness. God Bless him and I truly hope that he will always be blessed with Peace, Happiness, Good Health and a very, very long life.
Dr. Beckwith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Carolina East Health System
Carolina East Medical Center
42 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1971
Dr. George Beckwith accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions702 Newman Rd, New Bern, NC
Dr. George Beckwith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Bern, NC.