Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George M Benchimol
Dr. George M Benchimol, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gainesville, FL. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Benchimol is affiliated with North Florida Regional Medical Center. Dr. Benchimol has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. George M Benchimol has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Dr. George Benchimol is among the highest qualified and professional physicians I have ever received care from. Dr. Benchimol's vast knowledge and understanding in the field of medicine is the foundation of his superior care. Dr. Benchimol shows his patients and all those with whom he works and associates respect and kkindness, he is positive and uplifting and always full of compassion. He makes you feel at ease, when talking about your health, being a very very private person it is hard to really discuss health issues; consistently dr. Benchimol takes the time and show true concern for your heath and well being. Through the many years I have been going to Dr.benchimol, I have never felt that he was giving a hiundred percent and more, He truly cares about his patient's and their families. He is number 1!!!!!! for me and all those whom are blessed to have the best physician treat care and help to healt them. Anyone needing care, /dr. George Benchimol with Gainesville Family Physician's should be your chosen physician, and I can promise you you will receive the best care.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Benchimol is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 1982
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. George M Benchimol accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsGainesville Family Physicians, 6900 NW 9th Blvd, Gainesville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George M Benchimol in this video.
Dr. George M Benchimol is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.