Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George B Bren
Dr. George B Bren, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Clinton, MD. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bren is affiliated with United Medical Center, George Washington University Hospital and UM Charles Regional Medical Center. Dr. Bren has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. George B Bren has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Nuclear Medicine
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Cholesterol Management
- Heart Failure
- Holter monitoring
- Heart Attack
Showing 5 of 9
I had a massive heart attack at home alone in September 2004. I was initially transported to SMH for care and subsequently transported to GWU Hospital. While at GWU Hospital, I was placed under the care of Dr. Bren who fitted me with an implantable defibrillator. As far as I am concerned, Dr. Bren and his staff are the best of the best.
He spent a lot of time with me and made me feel confortable that my condition was not bad even though I thought it may be. I left his office feeling a lot better that my heart was ok and that the problem was just an external musle in my chest. I trust him from meeting him once that he actually cared about me enough to completely listen and talk through everything so he could make the most accurate decision possible. Great Doc.
There are a lot of things I like about Dr. Bren, but number one is the way he doesn't take on airs. He treats me like an intelligent human being and able to participate in decisions about my care. I used to go to a doctor in a more "prestigious" practice who had little time and less interest in what I thought and felt. What a welcome chance with Dr. Bren.Dr. Bren's offices are pretty spartan, and at first I foolishly thought that this might reflect the care I got from him. Completely wrong! He is an outstanding doctor who sensibly pays attention to patients rather than decor.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Bren is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. George B Bren accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHeart Care Of Southern Maryland, 10403 Hospital Dr Ste 102, Clinton, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George B Bren in this video.
Dr. George B Bren is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clinton, MD.