Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George Cierny III has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Bone Transplantation
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Fracture Fixation
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Ununited Fractures
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
My wife found Dr. Cierny when we were at our wits end concerning my osteomyelitis, my unhealed complex fracture of the tibial plateau, and the fact that every other orthopedic surgeon I had consulted with was recommending amputation. After emailing our information, copies of studies and x-rays, and a time-line of my story, Dr. Cierny recommended we meet for an appointment. We did so, and immediately I was comforted by his strength, his warmth, his humor, and his air of competence - you get the impression from meeting with Dr. Cierny that he is confident that he can help you in ways that other doctors cannot help - and that alone is very positive. Once we made the decision to move forward with corrective surgery, everyone on Dr. Cierny's staff (and there aren't many of them -- only 2, not including his partner) worked hard to help us make the surgery possible - from scheduling time in the hospital to dealing with the insurance companies, they are consummate professionals and have that same zen attitude - that "this is going to be alright" and "you are in capable hands" air about them that really sets you, as a patient, at ease. I came through TWO rounds of very difficult surgery with ZERO complications, and I still have a beautiful, functional right leg where all the other doctors said I would have only a prosthesis. Dr. Cierny literally wrote the book on treatment of osteomyelitis, and if you are fortunate enough to have found him, GO TO HIM, FOR HE WILL MAKE THINGS BETTER FOR YOU! We all, as patients, have an instinct to trust physicians, and in some cases, those instincts end up being self-destructive or misguided. In Dr. Cierny's case, take that ball and run with it - you can trust this man to tell you the truth and to do right by you. As a doctor and as a human man, he is an inspiration. He has earned my respect, my unqualified recommendation, and my love.
Dr. Cierny is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sharp Memorial Hospital
39 Years Experience
University of California at Los Angeles
Graduated in 1974
Dr. George Cierny III accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George Cierny III in this video.
Dr. George Cierny III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.