Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George L Drake III
Dr. George L Drake III, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Akron, OH, with other offices in Akron, OH and Hudson, OH . He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Drake is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Akron General. Dr. Drake has received 5 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. George L Drake III has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
Showing 5 of 60
My visit with Dr. Drake was the worst experience I've ever had in a doctor's office. After my normal OBGYN left the clinic where I had been a patient of for over 6 years, I was assigned to Dr. Drake for my annual exam. Not only did he make me feel uncomfortable about that fact that I had previously taken an abortion pill, but he continued to push me to get the Gardasil vaccine after I told him I wasn't interested. He was clearly trying to get kick-backs from a drug rep. The exam was uncomfortable and borderline inappropriate (not sure why he had to run his hands down my ankles). Months later, I ended being billed for "experimental testing" that I never condoned! A normal pap should NOT cost $400 with my insurance! After fighting with my insurance company for months, I had a lawyer contact Dr. Drake and the bill was dropped. Needless to say, I go to a different office and to a different doctor now. Avoid Dr. Drake at all costs.
I met Dr.Drake during an emergency room visit where I not only found out I was pregnant, but might lose my child. Dr.Drake was incredibly supportive emotionally and I don't think I would have been ok if it had been any other doctor. He was patient, kind, and has sat through my hormonal scared mood swings with nothing but compassion. He is honest, even in a bad situation, but he WILL give it his all. My child's life is literally in his hands right now and I have complete faith in that. This is also coming from someone who is in the medical field and has zero faith in almost all medical professionals. He's worth meeting.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016, 2015, 2012, 2013, 2014)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2015, 2013, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2011, 2014, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2010, 2015, 2014, 2016, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Drake is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Pikeville College School Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Charleston Area Medical Center
Dr. George L Drake III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. George L Drake III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Akron, OH.