Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George Gura
Dr. George Gura, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, MN. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gura is affiliated with Mercy Hospital, Abbott Northwestern Hospital and Mayo Clinic Hospital - Rochester (Saint Mary's). He speaks English.
Dr. George Gura has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George Gura has the following 6 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. George Gura has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. George Gura is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Gura is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Mayo Clinic Hospital - Rochester (Saint Mary's)
Fairview Southdale Hospital
North Memorial Medical Center
Essentia Health St. Mary's Medical Center
Fairview Ridges Hospital
Mayo Clinic Hospital - Rochester (Methodist)
Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital
St Luke's Hospital
Sartori Memorial Hospital
Mayo Clinic Health System - Albert Lea and Austin
Mayo Clinic Health System in Mankato
Mayo Clinic Rochester Methodist Hospital
St. Mary`s Hospital
Mercy Medical Center
Mayo Clinic Rochester - Rochester Methodist
50 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1963
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. George Gura accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN
Dr. George Gura is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.