Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George E Heading has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. George E Heading has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
Showing 5 of 36
Dr. Heading is excellent he always focuses on what the issue is conquers it and sits me down and explains what the problem is what I need to do to resolve the problem as well giving me plenty of personal personal time which is what I expect to receive from my doctor.I have never left his office filling like he didn't understand what my problem was or ignored at all. I would gladly recommend him to someone else without hesitation that he would take good care of them .
First off I have just recently moved to the area and was referred to this practice by quite a few people and after finding out I was pregnant (my first) I contacted them to make an appointment. They were very accommodating in getting me in for my first appointment. I found out on a Tuesday that I was pregnant and Sunday morning woke up at 4am in excruciating pain and had started bleeding, which I read could be normal. Sunday night I spoke with my doctors office where I used to live and they told me to call my new doctors office in the morning and to get seen as soon as possible. Monday morning comes and I call and explain my situation, tell them I have an appointment Wednesday, this is whats going on I would like to be seen and trying to keep as reasonably calm as possible because I didn't want to jump to any conclusions. I was informed that "someone will call you back," I waited almost two hours and still no phone call. At this point I started to panic since the pain was worse and the bleeding was getting a lot worse so I called the office again this time balling my eyes out because no one had called me back and I was so scared. I was then told that "they usually don't get around to doing call backs until after lunch time but if they could get the nurse they would have her call me." Another three and a half hours passed and still no word from this office. If there goal was to upset and scare a first time pregnant mom, goal accomplished. I finally called another office who told me to come in immediately to be seen. This office then finally called me back while I was on the way to that appointment and said come to our office and we will draw some blood but that is. I wasn't going to see a doctor or talk to someone until they had my blood test. Later that afternoon I was informed by the second office I called that I was no longer pregnant. The lack of empathy from this office was more then disappointing and to me is unacceptable in this field. I work in the medical field so I understand that at times it can be crazy but when you have a first time mother who is bleeding, crying and doesn't know what to do telling her that "someone will call you back" and having her wait almost five hours for basically nothing is disgusting! I then called and cancelled my Wednesday appointment but received three phone calls on my cell phone the day of my appointment asking me to reschedule and then my mother (who lives hours away from where I live and who's information was never given to this office by me) received a phone call regarding my appointment??? I wouldn't recommend this office to anyone!
Dr. Heading is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1990
Dr. George E Heading accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsObstetrics And Gynecology Associates, 190 W Broad St Ste G401, Stamford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George E Heading in this video.
Dr. George E Heading is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stamford, CT.