Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George T Kappos has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
i have had back pain on and off for over a year, while visiting almost monthly not once had he ever gave me an X-ray or for that matter looked at my back. just perscribed pain pill after pain pills. last month i had been in a a horrible car accident, i had called the "nurse" or thats what she clams to be, told me they dont have any appointments till the following week. when i did get in later that week he didn't look me over at all. i recived a letter today stating he will no longer be my doctor...with no explanation... i'm not only angry but very upset if he would have takin the time to read my dr.records from my previous physician he could of realized my problome in the first place. now because of my insuance i'm not able to switch dr.s for 6 months so i will have to stop all the meds i'm on including antidepressants. so this will be great! i would not waste my time with him.
40 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Central Iowa Health System
Dr. George T Kappos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKappos Family Medicine, 1010 S 3rd St Ste 1A, Polk City, IA
Dr. George T Kappos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Polk City, IA.