Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. George Laws has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George Laws has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. George Laws is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Our family LOVES Dr Laws! We wish he was in private practice. He is so thorough, kind but "tell it like it is" ! He is a wealth of knowledge. How he remembers patients and their history is mind blowing. His common sense, down to earth bedside manner is refreshing. The hospital is lucky to have him, his patients are blessed and well cared for.
I'm kicking myself around the block for not changing to Dr Laws sooner! I have been with him for over a year now and have never been happier with a health care provider. He listens to me! Imagine that! He understands I know my body better than anyone. He is very knowlegable about medication and dedicated to his patients. I've never known a Dr. who was so encouraging and encourages you to be pro-active in your own health care. Yes, I would recommend him! Three of my friends have changed to Dr Laws and each has thanked me for telling them about him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
44 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGERALD CHAMPION REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, 2669 Scenic Dr, Alamogordo, NM
Dr. George Laws is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Alamogordo, NM.