Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George J Leach has the following 3 specialties
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George J Leach has the following 10 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Dr. George J Leach has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. George J Leach is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I went to see Dr. Leach for the first time, and I have to say that he has HORRIBLE bed side manners. The office staff on the other hand are amazing. The receptionist Tara(I think her name is) is very kind and she helped me out so much. I would say that if I did go back to see this doctor that she would be the only reason why I would!
Dr. Leach and his staff are wonderful. I would reccommend anyone to Dr. Leach. His receptionist is so friendly. She always gets me in as soon as possible. I don't understand why people we're saying such negative things about the office staff. I nor has any of my family members had ANY problems with them. They always return calls, and just overall great and friendly people. Dr. Leach is a great Doctor!
I have never ever had such a poor experience with staff in my life. The woman who runs the office at Dr. Leach's office must be a relative because if they were my employee I would have sacked them. The woman is rude and does not even return voice mails. I do not care how wonderful Dr. Leach is I will not be subjected to rude treatment by his staff. He should be aware of how poorly his patients are being treated by this shrew.
Dr. Leach is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Dr. George J Leach accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGeorge J Leach Do, 20270 Middlebelt Rd Ste 10, Livonia, MI
Dr. George J Leach is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Livonia, MI.