Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George S Makari MD
Dr. George S Makari, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tacoma, WA, with other offices in Puyallup, WA and Olympia, WA (and 5 other locations). He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Neurology. Dr. Makari is affiliated with Tacoma General Hospital, Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center and Tacoma General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. George S Makari has 8 locations
402 15th Ave SE
Puyallup, WA 98372
3504 12th Ave NE
Olympia, WA 98506
1780 NW Myhre Rd Ste G220
Silverdale, WA 98383
17700 SE 272nd St
Kent, WA 98042
1112 6th Ave Ste 100
Tacoma, WA 98405
1112 6th Ave Ste 100
Tacoma, WA 98405
Book Online Now
Dr. George S Makari has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. George S Makari has the following 5 expertise
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
Showing 3 of 3
Dr Makari is the best!
Self-verified patient of Dr. George S Makari - Posted on March 5th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. George S Makari - Posted on August 31st, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. George S Makari - Posted on December 2nd, 2008
Dr Makari was extremly empathetic and caring. I appreciated the time he spent with us to make sure I completly understood the exact process of my sons care as well as made us comfortble with the diagnostic process. Dr Makari worked diligently to cure the problem then gave us the confidence to care for him on are own and released us appropriately.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Makari is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Cairo University Faculty of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. George S Makari Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera MultiCare Connected Care
- Premera VA Mason Med Center: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. George S Makari is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.