Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George D Markovich has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 49
I have some severe spinal issues, in the lumbar I am end stage DDD and have multiple herniations. I have been complaining about my hip for years, I have been very specific about where the pain is coming from but every single Neurosurgeon, PM DO, Neurologist and even my PCP have insisted it was referred pain from my lumbar issues. I eventually demanded an X-ray as I was convinced it was my hip at bare minimum contributing to the pain, begrudgingly I was given a script and the X-ray came back clean. With semi-smug "told you so" attitudes I conceded the pain was referred. Fast forward a few years and the pain had become debilitating. This time I had to insist on a Ortho referral. I researched Dr. Marcovich and knew that if he said nothing was wrong with my hip then there wasn't. His X-ray showed normal as well, I felt defeated until he followed it up with "You probably have a labral tear". Anyway, I had an MR and it found evidence of a tear and degeneration, i am scheduled for surgery later this month. It took him less than ten minutes to diagnose me and he was spot on. Love this guy, am upset with my other providers for making me feel like a hypochondriac and not LISTENING to me.
Many other friends that have had surgery on their shoulders had me concerned I would be incapaciated for a month. Dr. Markovich did such a great job that I no longer needed pain meds after the 2nd day. I had a totally torn tendon and other shreaded tendons. I also could sleep in my own bed after the 4th night!
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2015, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2009, 2013, 2016, 2008, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
30 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. George D Markovich accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George D Markovich in this video.
Dr. George D Markovich is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Myers, FL.