Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George T Mathai has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 9
Dr Mathai was my doctor while I lived in TN and I have recently moved to Florida. I am telling you, I wish I could find Dr Mathai here. I have never gone to a more caring and attentive doctor. If he feels your condition is out of his expertise, he will not hesitate to refer you to someone he can personally recommend. I didn't need to go that often, but I always felt like his care was only in my best interest.
After 20 years in the military I thought I had finally transcended beyond dealing with idiots anymore, boy was I wrong. My wife and I both have prescriptions that had to be transferred to the new location. We were out of town for three weeks and our school had required that we get a letter from the doctor for being able to do our job and we called that Friday. The receptionist forgot about the request and we were almost dropped administratively because we didn't get the letters. Finally after calling two more times did we get the letter. We went to the local CVS to refill our prescriptions and there were none in the system. We spent several hours trying to fix whatever the doctors staff had done to the meds and for whatever reason it just didn't work. Now we were stuck without our meds and had to deal with it for over a week. We called the doctors office, and spent hours on the phone for the next several days trying to fix whatever his staff had screwed up on them and finally gave up until we got back home. I called the office to explain to them what happened and after nearly 15 minutes trying to explain to them what happened, I was put on hold. I don't know what the receptionist told him but the doctor came on the phone, told me his receptionist was crying and that I should have never been rude. I tried to explain to him what had happened and he told me to find another doctor and HUNG UP ON ME. After doing research, I found out that his staff is notorious for not getting very many things right in general. Well, I will find another doctor and hopefully find a staff that can fit our needs better.
19 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1999
Mcleod Regional Medical Center
Dr. George T Mathai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNew Johnsonville Family Health Center, 224 Long St, New Johnsonville, TN
Dr. George T Mathai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Johnsonville, TN.