Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George W Maxymiv has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Breast Exam
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 68
Dr. Maxymiv has a wonderful smile, always upbeat, makes the patient feel at ease. Wants to know what's going on in your life, is very gentle throughout the exam (s). When coming to him with a health issue one isn't sure of, Dr. Max jumps right in to address the situation and if not in his field , he reaches out to another physician most likely to give answers to his questions. If or when an examination doesn't return favorable, Dr. Max will immediately have his nurse contact patient to set up a speedy follow-up visit. There have been two such occasions in my years with Dr. Max I can personally testify to his not wasting time, he will see all areas of concern are addressed. So thankful for a physician of Dr. Maxymiv's expertise in the field of women's health today.
Dr. Max is a wonderful physician. He takes time to listen to any questions/concerns you have. I have been a patient for over 20 years and have recommended him to family, friends and anyone who needs a women's health professional. he has a great bedside manner and makes you feel very comfortable to discuss anything.
DR. MAXYMIV IS AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR. HE IS PROFESSIONAL IN EVERY WAY AND YET ONE FEELS COMFORTABLE IN HIS PRESENCE. HE LISTENS INTENTLY AND FROM THERE HE GETS TO THE ROOT OF EACH PROBLEM (S). HE KNOWS WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IT WELL AND FOLLOWS UP UNTIL HEALED.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2010, 2015, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014, 2011, 2010, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
40 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. George W Maxymiv accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMarc Denton Stam MD, 1802 Braeburn Dr, Salem, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George W Maxymiv in this video.
Dr. George W Maxymiv is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, VA.