Dr. George S Monir Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. George S Monir?

Knowledgeable but antisocial

I have shadowed Dr. Monir along with several other physicians in Florida hospital. Out of all these physicians, Dr. Monir was the worst to shadow. His arrogance is at a whole new level. Basically, I remember questioning at one point If he even loves his field (after shadowing two other physicians whom rekindled my fire for medicine). At one point, Dr. Monir, made me feel that I wasn't worthy of watching him do procedures and ended the shadowing for two weeks because of my lack of knowledge. Thankfully, I was admitted to Medical School, and the other physicians made up this experience. If you want the correct diagnosis, by all means go to him. If you want both the correct diagnosis, but a doctor that treats the patient and not only the disease, go elsewhere. Even his own staff silently warned me implying that he never smiles, and is difficult to work with. I truly hope that another student that may wish to shadow a cardiologist go elsewhere. He doesn't want you there, trust me.

Not a fan

I went to Dr Monir with an unusualy arrhythmia. All I can say is that it was mild to moderate before my ablation and after it I am much, much worse. I have yet to actually be diagnosed dispite over a year of visits and multiple drugs tries. You cannot question anything!! Or ask about alternative drug free possibilities.

He is a Genius in his Field, and I was pleased that I was sent to him for A-Fib. I ended up with a Pacemaker, and have done very well when I was in his care as a Patient. He does not see patients for Cardiology. But he is the Best of the Best.

I agree this Dr. Is good at what he does but along with tat coes a major attitde . I too sat and waited and waited in te office for him to come I understand tree are emergencies at the hospital but never have I received a "thank you for waiting". It was as if you were lucky to be him. Also was told off by this Dr for nothing that I did . Yes he is brilliant but I want my Dr to have some compassion and bedside kindness too.

I found the Doctor to be friendly, patient, and proffessional in describing my condition and how he proposed to repair it. I accepted his recommendation for an ablation. The procedure was performed in Florida Hospital South and was a complete sucess!! I have had heart palpitations since about age 10 and had experience them frequently. I had never gone more than 3 months without one, then at age 78, I had one that lasted 2 hours and required an emergency room visit to control. Since Dr Monir performed the ablation procedure one year and 3 months ago I have never had another occurrence of palpitations!! Thank you Dr Monir.

THE RIGHT STUFF

This guy is very bright and gets right to the root of the matter. He has a huge following, which makes getting an appt quite a PITA. I intend to stick with him.

Good medical knowledge, miserable temperament.

I was one of this Dr's 1st patients, seeing him the last 7 years. This Dr. doesn't like questions, never cares how late he is, left me sitting for hours before calling that he wont be in, a normal wait is ~ 1 hour in thw office and 45 min. or longer in the exam room. I was reprimanded by a neighbor for recommending him after they experienced his rudeness during their visit. In his defense he converted my arrhytmia on four occasions successfully so I wont down his expertise in that area. After complaining to the office administrator re: his constant lateness at every visit,I was told she "counseled him re: his tardiness" but he didn't care about it and Monir decided to end our relationship. He is also a "partner" in the Fl. Heart Group. If you take up with this guy keep your mouth shut or find someone else with a MUCH better attitude and bedside manner. (Submitted 2/7/2010)