Dr. George Murakawa Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. George Murakawa?

Fantastic and professional

Posted on October 18th, 2017

Posted on January 6th, 2016

Harvard microbiology, Stanford med school, residency in SF. Taught at MSU, currently w/ WSU. Perhaps the best derm guy in the state. Sansei from Orange County. Great guy. Couldn't ask for more in a doctor .

Great Doctor

Posted on July 28th, 2014

I like Dr. M., he saved my foot from skin cancer so I could continue to be a foot model. He had to use a skin graft but in two months it was like nothing was ever done. He has a great bedside manner sometimes likes to make jokes which people get nervous about and you can request he just concentrate and do his work. One thing my husband was upset about was when he had his skin body check, he was left standing in his underwear and many of his nurses came and in and it made him mad and the Doctor did take a long time to see him (he has a great body so what was the problem, kidding). He will not go back but I will. He is excellent at MOHS surgery and excellent with skin cancer on the face, so do not be afraid he is an excellent MOHS surgeon.

Get ready to pay

Posted on September 24th, 2013

I went to Dr. Murakawa for a skin rash. He cam in and spoke with me for approximately 2 minutes. Diagnosed me with a fungal rash and prescribed medicine all with in 10 minutes I was in and out..too good to be true right. Well the rash never went away. The follow up visit was identical to the first visit. 20 min wait outside ..15 min wait in the doctors office and a two minute conversation with the doctor again, received the same medication as last time that showed no more then 20% improvement of the rash. Yes, I know this is where I messed up going back a third time but the doctor requested I come back for "follow up medication" because " the medication had deepen to my pores. So, I went back for the third visit stating ZERO improvement of my rash. That is when the doctor told me that I needed a biopsy, As I was being reclined for the biopsy I was told to sign this form because I need this..I need this biopsy. So after taking the biopsy and having to pay 192.00 out of pocket for the procedure I thought I would receive some results ..maybe a call from the doctor. Well after a week and a half goes by with no word..I called and asked what was going on. I was told first that the doctor DOES NOT speak with patients on the phone. I was told the the biopsy was to rule things out such as "melanoma" and told to come back in for more test to be done to rule more things out. I then received a doctors bill from st. Joseph mercy hospital for $1200 a $400 adjustment witch left me with a $700 plus co pay for the doctors to read my biopsy that the doctor ordered. All this and still not one valid answer on what the rash was...Hey, but $900 dollars later I know I don't have cancer..To bad my family history, blood test, and other things that could have been done before a Immunofluorescence test quantity x4 coming in at the majority of the St. Joes bill $843. To double check for cancer. Again the doctor after 3 visits and a total of 5 minutes talking time not once asked about family history or anything of that nature. Why would Dr. Murakawa order these Melanoma test for a patient with a rash? For a patient with zero family history of skin cancer? Maybe because he was worried..Maybe because he likes to check everything. Maybe he likes to run up patients insurances.

Posted on April 9th, 2013

I WAS HAPPY WITH THE CARE I RECEIVED FROM THE DR THE FIRST DAY I WENT TO HIS OFFICE

Great experience!

Posted on July 5th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Murakawa after being treated by three different physicians. Scheduling the appointment was not difficult at all. The wait time in the office was minimal. He was very attentive to my specific problem and seemed genuinely interested and concerned. I underwent quite a few diagnostic tests and during all of this his staff was courteous and friendly. I made a follow up appointment that was centered around my schedule. Overall it was a very pleasant experience!

Posted on June 19th, 2012

Very good dermatologist!!!

waste of time

Posted on February 17th, 2012

waited 45 minutes to see dr murakawa---was finallly in exam room and was told that some OTHER dr. would see me---got tired of waiting and walked out this timePREVIOUS VISITS WERE EQUALLLLY AS FRUSTRATIN G

HORRIBLE

Posted on September 22nd, 2011

I went here a few months ago, completely misdiagnosed my skin and then gave me injections that they said would be covered under my insurance. Later on I received a 300 dollar bill, I had to pay it or it would have been sent to collections. Also during the appointment it was pretty rushed, came in looked real quick and took off, when one of his assistants asked for him to come back he just walked away and told them to take care of it.

Posted on May 17th, 2010

Wait time was incredibly long (45 minutes) for a doctor that spent under a minute with me.

Posted on September 25th, 2017