Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George T Oconnor
Dr. George T Oconnor, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Oconnor is affiliated with Bridgeport Hospital, Baystate Medical Center and Mercy Medical Center. Dr. Oconnor has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. George T Oconnor has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. George T Oconnor has the following 13 expertise
- Angiographic Visualization
- Bronchial Hyperreactivity
- Immediate Hypersensitivity
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Obstructive Lung Diseases
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Chest Infection
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Dr. George T Oconnor is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr O'Connor is the best. Takes time with you and is tremendous with follow up
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Oconnor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. George T Oconnor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
Locations & DirectionsPulmonary And Allergy Center, 725 Albany St, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George T Oconnor in this video.
Dr. George T Oconnor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.