Is Dr. George P Ackerman the right Doctor for you?
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George P Ackerman has 3 locations
130 E 77th St Fl 5
New York, NY 10075
Book Online Now
Dr. George P Ackerman has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. George P Ackerman has the following 29 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Cartilage Diseases
- Ankle Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Injuries
- Tendon Injuries (Tendiopathy)
- Chondromalacia Patellae
- Kneecap Dislocation (Patellar Dislocation)
- Hand Injuries
- Sprains and Strains
- Elbow Injuries
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Pain (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Dr. George P Ackerman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. George P Ackerman - Posted on January 5th, 2018
I met Dr Ackerman once before as Dr Ackerman operated on my wife's knee which was a perfect success and painless after surgery. He is a pleasure and breath of fresh air to speak with and is quite thorough. I was told 2-1/2 years ago I needed meniscus surgery by another dr and I held off as pain subsided. Dr A agreed that surgery wasn't necessary at this point. He is doing a series of 3 injections at most for the time being, surgery being a last resort. My wife and I can not speak highly enough of him. Strongly recommend Dr A ... Thank you Dr Ackerman ....
Self-verified patient of Dr. George P Ackerman - Posted on November 17th, 2017
Dr. Ackerman is a true professional. He is not quick to jump to surgery and spends time talking to the patient and explaining all options. He is patient and very kind, but most important honest. Where another orthopedic surgeon said I might need a shoulder replacement, Dr. Ackerman said I didn't need surgery for a fractured shoulder and with therapy I was able to get almost full mobility. I dreaded having surgery and I was happy he gave me the good news. I would highly recommend Dr. Ackerman, a true professional.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
8 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 2010
St Lukes Roosevelt Medical Center
Dr. George P Ackerman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. George P Ackerman
George P. Ackerman, MD is a fellowship trained Orthopedic Surgeon who specializes in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery as well as the treatment of general orthopedic injuries and trauma. In addition to his clinical interest in shoulder and knee disorders, Dr. Ackerman has performed extensive research in cartilage restoration and hip arthroscopy. He has presented research and instructional lectures at numerous orthopedic conferences. Dr. Ackerman grew up on Long Island in Seaford, NY and went on to graduate cum laude from Cornell University with a degree in Biological Sciences. He received his medical degree from New York Medical College. Dr. Ackerman completed his residency training in Orthopedic Surgery at Columbia University’s St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York City. His residency included orthopedic training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York and Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Delaware. Dr. Ackerman then completed a sports medicine fellowship at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. There he received additional training in minimally invasive and advanced arthroscopic techniques for the treatment of sports-related musculoskeletal injuries. During his fellowship, Dr. Ackerman participated in the care of athletes from the New York Jets, New York Islanders, and Hunter College.
Locations & Directions
Dr. George P Ackerman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.