Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George A Pankey MD
Dr. George A Pankey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Orleans, LA, with another office in New Orleans, LA. He has 61 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pankey is affiliated with Childrens Hospital and Tulane Medical Center Downtown. He speaks English.
Dr. George A Pankey has 2 locations
1514 Jefferson Hwy Fl 1
New Orleans, LA 70121
Book Online Now
Dr. George A Pankey has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George A Pankey has the following 8 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- HIV Infections
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Dr. George A Pankey is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Pankey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
61 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1957
Fairview University Medical Center
Dr. George A Pankey Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS LA BlueConnect HMO POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. George A Pankey
Dr. Pankey earned his medical degree from Tulane and completed his internship and residency at the University of Minnesota where he also earned a masters degree in microbiology and immunology. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and infectious diseases and has been on staff at Ochsner since 1963. Dr. Pankey currently serves as chairman of the Institutional Biosafety Committee. He is a fellow of the Infectious Diseases Society of America and in 2001 was elected as Master of the American College of Physicians. Dr. Pankey is an internationally recognized and honored expert in the field of infectious diseases.
Locations & Directions
Dr. George A Pankey is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.