Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George T Postic has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 11
Before visiting this Doctor, I had previously had my daughter seeing a different doctor. She needed a CT scan and it was only available to be done 1 week later. I called Dr. Postics office to see if they could do the CT Sacn and was told she would have to See the doctor first. They schedule an appt. for the following day to see Dr.Postic and to bring in all my prior paperwork/labs. I was told Postic would then determine if she needed a CT scan and that it could be done the same day.Arrived and greeted with no incidents. Dr.Postic sat and listened to what my daughters medical problem was with a dumbfound look the whole time. When asked why he had that dumbfounded look, he said....I don't understand why you are even here and proceeded to tell me I am abusing the system. (REALLY) I was upfront from the time I called for and appt. and was told it would be no problem. This doctor is very uncaring. Must have been having a really bad day.
Dr.Postic,is a very caring and loving Doctor,I have been a pt. of his since 2006.Recently I went to see Dr.Postic,I was very sick had several test done by other caring physicans,whom could'nt pin point my problem,not taking away from those wonderfull physicans.However,Dr.Postic,performed a scope on me which was done sucessfully,he found the problem and treated my condition.To make sure he did missed anything he order futher testing.After having a positive result Dr.Postic,called me personally and discuss his finding and treatment.His nursing staff called me daily for a little over a week to make sure I was doing okay.An addition to the wonderfull treatment I recieved one of nurse took the time out to listen and shared her advice regarding a personal matter in my life.Dr.Postic and the nursing staff really cares about making you better.Thank you Dr.Postic,I am able to eat meals with without any problems.
- Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
University Of Florida Health
Dr. George T Postic accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsColumbia Gastroenterology Associates, 2739 Laurel St, Columbia, SC
Dr. George T Postic is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.