Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George R Williams
Dr. George R Williams, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Opelousas, LA, with another office in Lafayette, LA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Williams has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. George R Williams has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Back Injuries
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
I had a 360 degree lumbar fusion. I was experiencing excruciating back pain and was barely able to function. Dr Williams was absolutely wonderful and I am happy to say I am starting to feel normal. Almost all of my pain is gone. I am still really stiff but am able to function normally. However, his staff is horrible. I have now been waiting over three weeks for answers. I have left numerous messages and do not get called back. I have to make an appointment to speak with him because I am told that he does not make phone calls to patients. I will have to have more surgery and would not consider going to anyone else because he is that good of a doctor. I just wish he would replace most of his staff.
I've been a patient of Dr. Williams for about a year and a half. He performed surgery on my neck and it's never felt better! His staff is always caring, as is his nurse Lisa. Phone calls are returned usually the same day, no later than the next. Dr. Williams and his associate were always very kind and caring. If he appears standoffish to some, well, he's a surgeon. They usually are, but stick with him and you won't regret it. He (and his staff) truly do care about helping their patients. I actually hate to leave because they can't operate on my back yet, but they've been wonderful about taking care of me as they ease me into pain management. Highly recommended. Not one person in the office ever gave the impression that they didn't care.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014, 2008, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
26 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1992
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. George R Williams accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George R Williams in this video.
Dr. George R Williams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Opelousas, LA.