Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. George L Restea has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George L Restea has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. George L Restea has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 30
Alway, Always, ALWAYS have to wait a minimum of 1 Hr, usually more! The most I think I've ever waited is 4 hrs. and I was so sick that I felt I had to stay or risk not being seen that day. It's bad when you've been there for hrs and you find out the Dr. and/or ARNP isn't even there yet! And the staff doesn't care at all, I've had to call over & over to remind them, and sometimes even beg them to do things that should have already been done. I moved on recently, and wish I had sooner. Don't say you haven't been warned...
I have been going to Dr. Restea and Brenda since Jan. 2016 and I would not go to any other Doctor's. Yes sometimes you have a wait but it is always worth it. They did not give up on me and resolved alot of old problems I have had for years. In my opinion they are top notch! They take time to listen and they truly care!ð
I've been to see Dr. Restea's assistant many times and like her very much. I was billed recently for the total amount as a cash customer. I've talked to the billing clerk three times to get this bill submitted to my insurance company. As of three weeks now it still has not been submitted to my insurance company. She always tells me she'll call me back but never does. Also I'm still waiting on prescriptions to be filled for home delivery for 3 months now. Each time I call to inquire about the billing issue I ask them to talk to Brenda about filling my prescriptions.. Still waiting on those also!!!!!! Not very reliable!!!!
Dr. Restea and his staff are a joke. I wouldn't even trust him and his staff with my dog. I went there for my first appointment with him to get a referral sent to a specialist it took two weeks to send even then the referral didn't have the Dr's signature on it rendering it useless. Worst Dr and staff I have ever seen.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. George L Restea accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George L Restea, MD - Internal Medicine in Starke, FL, in this video.
Dr. George L Restea is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Starke, FL.