Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George O Rice Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. George O Rice Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. George O Rice Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
I find him to be a compassionate caring and gentile person. He seems to listen to, and understand everything I am trying to say, even if I don't know myself. He spends more than enough time with me and doesn't ever rush out of the room. He has even seen me on and emergency type basis without an appointment. He is the first Dr. I have seen that could figure out and diagnosis the symptoms that I described. I believe with his guidance and support I am going to actually overcome what has been ailing me for years. I am so glad I found him. Thank You Judy, if it weren't for you.....
I have been a patient of Dr. Rice for 2 years. I have tried to remain his patient, however my confidence has been shaken once too often. I must take 100% responsibility for explaining/reminding him of my health history. He seems under time pressure and when my 12 minutes are done, so is he. Parting words, "call Friday if not improved" and when I called, I was told he doesn't work Fridays. There are other examples, but this is enough to express my point.
14 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 2004
Dr. George O Rice Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsTanana Valley Clinic-First Care, 1001 Noble St, Fairbanks, AK
Dr. George O Rice Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairbanks, AK.