Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George Ruiz has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George Ruiz has the following 14 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. George Ruiz has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. George Ruiz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
When I first came to Dr. Ruiz, I was recovering from congestive heart failure and had just been diagnosed with idiopathic cardiomyopathy. I was sick and terrified, and I was certain I was going to die.Dr. Ruiz not only treated me for my disease, but he also gave me hope for survival. His bedside manner is incredible and his knowledge of cardiology is voluminous. He is accessible by email and even cell phone, and it's hard to convey the level of commitment he has to his profession and his patients. He is the best of the best.Under his care, I've survived for four years since my initial diagnosis with no additional hospitalizations. I've seen marked improvement in my heart function through pharmacological therapy. Someday I may need an LVAD or heart transplant, but Dr. Ruiz has given me four great years already to spend with my family -- four years I never thought I would have. I may not feel healthy, but my quality of life would be a lot lower without the care of him and his staff at Washington Hospital Center.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
20 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. George Ruiz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsInstitute Peripheral Nerve Surgery, 3333 N Calvert St Ste 370, Baltimore, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George Ruiz in this video.
Dr. George Ruiz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.