Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George S Wilson
Dr. George S Wilson, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Lisbon, OH. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Wilson is affiliated with East Liverpool City Hospital and St Elizabeth Boardman Health Center. Dr. Wilson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. George S Wilson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
The front office was very disorganized and did not seem to communicate with one another or the doctor for that matter. There were multiple miss-steps from prescription renewals not called in and calls not returned to the phone ringing for over three minutes during normal business hours without an answer to my wife and myself calling upwards to eight times tot he office to get clarification on tests results, information and direction. This was my first visit to the office and was in excruciating pain. It was evident the office did not have the empathy or service that expressed they cared.
Dr. Wilson is exceptional and you cannot find a more caring doctor. He is not at all like the usual doctor his age. Have tried several younger doctors and they all have a bad attitude. Do not listen, want you in and out and are concerned about you paying. Dr. Wilson is kind, compassionate and takes time to truly care. He took care of my father the last year of his life and was remarkable! Every doctor should be like Dr. Wilson.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Wilson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
St Elizabeth Health Center
Dr. George S Wilson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Health Care Clmbiana County, 356 E Lincoln Way, Lisbon, OH
Dr. George S Wilson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lisbon, OH.