Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George D Schuchmann
Dr. George D Schuchmann, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Schuchmann is affiliated with University Of Tennessee Medical Center, Physicians Regional Medical Center and LaFollette Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. George D Schuchmann has the following 1 specialty
Dr. George D Schuchmann has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 22
I entered the emergency room on Christmas eve with infection from an abscess. Initial surgeons opened the wound and managed the drainage and addressed the infection, but deferred to Dr. Schuchmann for closure management. He elected to open access paralleling the bone to incorporate the multiple paths the infection had taken and to insure infected tissue debridement on both fronts prior to growing closed. His wealth of experience and knowledge as well as the obvious confidence given him by the other doctors involved gave us confidence and the courage we needed.
Last year, my wife contracted an infected bedsore. He, along with his partner, Dr. Sarah Willard, helped us get through the healing process. Several operations for debridement and finally the flap surgery. Dr. Schuchmann is very to the point and I could always see his concern for my wife's healing. Because of the infections, she wasn't always aware of what was going on. I especially liked the fact that he always addressed her first, when coming into her room. He is a first rate surgeon and we are so thankful to have had his experience and care, when we needed it. Thank you Dr. Schuchmann!
I recently had Dr Schuchmann perform my surgery. He did a great job and two weeks out I feel fine and have had no problems. He was always very pleasant with me and explained everything thoroughly to make sure I understood. I would like to also thank his partner Dr Williard, she is amazing, as are his nurses and staff. I would highly recommend this group in the future if needed.
Dr. Schuchmann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. George D Schuchmann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEast Tennessee Surgical Group, 2001 Laurel Ave Ste 204, Knoxville, TN
Dr. George D Schuchmann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.