More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George J Schwartzenburg has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. George J Schwartzenburg has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. George J Schwartzenburg has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. George J Schwartzenburg is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I had a wonderful pediatrician that passed away so a friend suggest Dr. Schwartzenburg. The friend nor I use him any longer. My son had Pneumonia for 17 days and i visited the doctor at least every other day (and of course had to pay my co-pay each time). My son got worse and worse each time i saw the dr and he switched meds almost each time. It wasnt until i called on a Sunday at the end of my rope and my son wilting away that i saw another dr that was on call that weekend. She looked at his chart and new exactly what to do. She gave him a shot and the next day it was like night and day. My son was so much better. i would never put my child in his hands again. i switched immediately. BTW i never got a call asking how my deatly ill son was.
I have been to him with both of my boys, my huband and I love him!! He has great advice and I am confident in his ability as a doctor. I have never waited more than 10 minutes and have been to his office 12-15 times. I like that his office has a well baby room and that my boys feel comfortable there (except shot day off course).
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Schwartzenburg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. George J Schwartzenburg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsGregory John Gelpi MD, 888 Tara Blvd Ste E, Baton Rouge, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George J Schwartzenburg in this video.
Dr. George J Schwartzenburg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.