Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George A Sirotenko has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George A Sirotenko has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 65
I went to Dr Sirotenko today for a first visit, and have never had such an awful visit with any doctor in my life. I barely said anything ( basically told him my symptoms) and was berated the entire time. When I was quiet ( basically in shock from his behavior) he asked me what was wrong? I said nothing I was trying to absorb everything he said and wasn't used to a doctor being so direct. This sent him into a bigger tirade and said this was the way he was and he wasn't going to change and he said maybe he wouldn't choose me for a patient! I asked 1 question ( which I think is what might have set him off.... Like how dare I ask questions?). I called my specialist after talking to him because some of what he told me about what I had been diagnosed with sounded wrong. The specialist confirmed what he told me was absolutely wrong! I actually feel very drained from such an unpleasant visit and verbally abused. It's too bad because I think in between his tirades some stuff about other symptoms I was having made sense. I can only assume he was in an extremely bad mood or got in a fight before I met him. His bedside manner was atrocious and he behaved over the top ( for lack of any other way to explain my experience)!
If you have any complicated health problems, this is NOT the PCP for you..he likes his patients to be easy ..write a script or send them on to his vast index of other doctor's.... Over the years he has become a very unprofessional and could care less about patients well being ..get them in, get them out..show hime the money
Dr. Sirotenko is a great doctor, he takes his time and listens to you, he always professional and considerate. The office staff is wonderful! i am always greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. Checking out and booking my follow up appointment was so easy , i believe the check out girls name was jackie, she was beyond helpful and went out of her way to get me in when she could. Also i called about a bill i received and spoke with the biller, Nicole I believe, she helped me so much to understand my bill and my insurance, she was understanding and patient. The office staff is remarkable , especially jackie and nicole. I highly recommend this office to anyone!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sirotenko is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
St Marys Hospital
Dr. George A Sirotenko accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
Locations & DirectionsBrighton Medicine Associates Pc, 995 Senator Keating Blvd Ste 3100, Rochester, NY
Dr. George A Sirotenko is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.