Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George R Small Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Legal Medicine
Legal medicine specialists advise on a variety of laws and regulations regarding health care and public health. This include disability claims, hospital law, privacy laws and physicians’ obligations and liabilities. They typically have a medical degree and a law degree so they're able to address specific legal issues that apply to medical professionals, hospitals and clinics.
Compared to forensic medicine, which deals with determining cause of death in criminal investigations, they deal with issues that impact patient care and they’re also typically involved in assessing illegal substance use in athletes.
Showing 5 of 6
I have been a patient of Dr. Small's for most of my life. He goes beyond what a family Doctor should be. He makes you feel comfortable like you are the customer no just his job.Not only does he know when to treat you but also when to refer you to a specialist. The wait time is sometimes a little long but that is because of his bed side manner is a little talkative but that's how you find out what you need to. Only major down side is while you wait the office seems to always to be a bit too warm.
Dr Small is an amazing doctor. I have always felt at ease and trusting with this doctor. He has always listened attentively to what I have had to say and then treated my concerns with care. That being said it is very hard to get an appointment because most of the time the phone rings busy. When I do get through I tend to feel like I am bothering the receptionist by even calling with a question. He has reduced his hours to 4 days a week now I believe.
Dr. Small is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Bell Memorial Hospital
Dr. George R Small Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGeorge Robert Small Md, 284 N Madison Ave, Greenwood, IN
Dr. George R Small Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenwood, IN.