Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George H Stedman has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I arrived by ambulance and waited over an hour for the doctor to come in.I had abdominal pain,vomiting and bloody diarrhea and he ordered a kidney ultrasound which was fine.I told him i think it was either a colitis flare up or my ovary and requested a ultra sound of my right ovary and utrerus which was denied.I was sent home and the next day in another hospital being admitted and having my right ovary removed because of a cyst that burst.
Highly recommend this Doctor because of his demeaner which sets one at ease and his expertise. I was recently transported to Nashoba Valley Medical Center by EMT ambulance due to a large laceration to my head from a fall. Doctor Stedman was the attending Doctor in the ER and he ordered a scull CT, which was negative, and sewed the large open wound. The result after stitches were remove 2 weeks later was a hardly noticeable scar. Great personality under stressful conditions.
36 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1982
Umass Memorial Medical Center
Dr. George H Stedman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSteward Emergency Physicians, 200 Groton Rd, Ayer, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George H Stedman in this video.
Dr. George H Stedman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ayer, MA.