Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George M Sylvestri
Dr. George M Sylvestri, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wilmington, NC. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Sylvestri is affiliated with New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Dr. Sylvestri has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. George M Sylvestri has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George M Sylvestri has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. George M Sylvestri has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Sylvestri helped me lose a total of 70lbs for the second time in my life. I had gastric bypass in 2003 and lost a total of 120 lbs but gained a significant amount of the weight back by 2012. Dr. Sylvestri prescribed the following: Diet Change, Exercise and Topiramate and I lost over 70 lbs in 1.5 years. My blood pressure lower from 130/80 to 100/70 and my cholesterol level was immeasurable. He was very supportive and non-judgemental; I wish I had gotten his advice before I had the gastric bypass. I would have had the biliopancreatic diversion instead.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Sylvestri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Mc Gaw Medical Center Northwestern University
Dr. George M Sylvestri accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsWilmington Health, 6781 Parker Farm Dr Ste 200, Wilmington, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George M Sylvestri in this video.
Dr. George M Sylvestri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, NC.