Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George E Tesar
Dr. George E Tesar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Tesar is affiliated with Wooster Community Hospital and Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hospital For Rehabilitation. Dr. Tesar has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. George E Tesar has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. George E Tesar has the following 22 expertise
- Agoraphobia (Fear of Open Places)
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Panic Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Phobias (Phobic Disorders)
- Delirium, Dementia, Amnestic, Cognitive Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
Showing 5 of 26
I was so disappointed and hurt by Tesar's attitude I never went back to that department again. I am a patient with epilepsy, and supposedly Tesar's specialty is psychiatric components of epilepsy. (I also have diagnosed PTSD, dissociative disorder, severe anxiety, severe depression). I had to seem him for a referral to a psychiatrist (not him). He was the biggest disappointment--treated me dismissively, not worth his time, did not even look at me, talked to my husband about travel. I thought Cleveland Clinic=high class care. Wasn't my experience.
THIS DOCTOR IS A COLD FISH. HE LACKS EMPATHY AND WAS ACTUALLY MEAN TO ME ON OUR FIRST APPT. OFCOURSE I NEVER RETURNED SINCE I LEFT THE ROOM IN TEARS . I DONT LIKE LEAVING NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT DOCS BUT THIS GUY NEEDS TO BE AVOIDED. BY THE WAY WHEN I SAW HIM HE WAS THE HEAD OF PSYCHIATRY AT CLEVE. CLINIC !!!!!!!! THAT IS SCARY TO ME AND OTHERS IM SURE. HERES THE POSITIVE THING IVE BEEN IN THIS PSYCHIATRIC GAME A LONG TIME AND I KNOW THERE ARE GOOD DOCS OUT THERE. KEEP TRYING DONT GIVE UP.MUST KISS MANY FROGS TO FIND THE PRINCE...IN THIS CASE... A PSYCHIATRIST/PRINCE.
No, I would not recommend this doctor to a friend. My neurologist recommended me to the Psychiatry department, because these two departments supposedly work cooperatively. Tesar's attitude toward me was condescending and dismissive. He gave me the impression I was wasting his time. I thought these people were supposed to help patients, and listen to the patient's concerns, and then make a recommendation for care. I can't believe there is not one doctor in the psychiatry department (not Tesar) who couldn't help me with my diagnosed DID and PTSD.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Tesar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 1977
Massachusetts General Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George E Tesar in this video.
Dr. George E Tesar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.