Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George A Tsavaris has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George A Tsavaris has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. George A Tsavaris has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 29
I was very scared to start this program. Once I arrived the nurse was nice and immediately recognized my nervousness. she answered a few of my questions and assured me the doctor would address all my concerns. The lecture was interactive and Dr. Tsavaris answered all my questions. He was amiable. Great Place can't wait to start seeing my results. on Saturday it will be week one.
Dr. Tsavaris is a an excellent physician, and his diet plan really works! He makes sure you understand the diet and talks to you individually, or if you are struggling with any week. He always encourages you. The staff is very approachable and friendly, they always like talking to people that come in and the office was just recently done and it is absolutely beautiful.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
42 Years Experience
University Of Athens
Graduated in 1976
Long Island College Hospital
Dr. George A Tsavaris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsSteward Medical Associates, 236 E 106th St Frnt 1, New York, NY
Dr. George A Tsavaris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.