Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George W Long has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George W Long has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. George W Long is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
IMO i feel he's a pretty good doctor. Although I have to pay cash per visit b/c of my treatment type the cost is quite reasonable when compared to other local doctors for same type of treatment. Never waited more than 20-25mins, staff are nice and helpful. All these other negative reviews about just a script writer well he's not imo now i cant speak for the others who are most likely trying to manipulate him for potent medicine but he's helped me along my recovery and of course no one including doctors are perfect .. Def will and have referred others to him with all good feedback
Dr. Long is amazing!!! I really like him. I have never been with a doctor who actually listens to your concerns the way he does. I am never rushed out of the room. He takes his time and actually did a thorough exam every time I went there. When there was a problem he always gave me explanation and a cause. If I had test he always reviewed the results with me in detail so that I clearly understood . I stopped going to him because I became pregnant and had to see an OBGYN and my insurance changed. I had to switch to a different doctor because of the insurance but I can honestly say that I have never met a doctor that comes close to him. If you are looking for a doctor that truly cares about your health, listens to your issues and explains things thoroughly I suggest you make an appt. He's one of the best!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Jersey Shore Medical Center
Dr. George W Long accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
Locations & DirectionsQualcare Medi-Center Pa, 2 Lincoln Ave Ste 411, Edison, NJ
Dr. George W Long is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Edison, NJ.