Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George W Parker
Dr. George W Parker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Parker is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. George W Parker has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. George W Parker has the following 1 expertise
Dr. George W Parker has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. George W Parker is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
...after all, ideally, you won't remember a thing. But I do remember Dr. Parker answering my questions thoroughly and not in an oversimplified or patronizing way. I felt that I was in good hands during my surgery, and apparently, I was. I woke up. :) That's always the main thing. In all seriousness, I had mentioned previous "emotional" side effects I usually have after anesthesia, and he's the first to express a theory on that - but this time I had none on waking. I just woke up in good spirits and little pain.
Dr. Parker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 2003
Dr. George W Parker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGreater Houston Anesthesiology, 2411 Fountain View Dr Ste 200, Houston, TX
Dr. George W Parker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.