Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr George Young
Dr George Young, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Marlton, NJ, with other offices in Egg Harbor Township, NJ and Hammonton, NJ . He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr Young is affiliated with Kennedy Memorial Hospital-Umc-Cherry Hill, Kennedy Health Systems and Providence Seaside Hospital. Dr Young has received 1 award.
Dr George Young has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
Dr George Young is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr Young is a very knowledgable caring Dr. I have been to many doctors for my problem and I always felt I had to use different doctors for different, painful areas of my body. With Dr Young, he listens closely and addresses each concern in depth and with empathy. After 20 years of dealing with my myriad of issues, I feel I have finally found the right Doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr Young is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kennedy Memorial Hospital-Umc-Cherry Hill
Kennedy Health Systems
Providence Seaside Hospital
11 Years Experience
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr George Young is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.