Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George R Woodbury Jr has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Lichen Planus
- Varicose Veins
- Eczema (Eczematous Skin Diseases)
- Skin lesion (Lentigo)
- Contact Dermatitis
- Skin Biopsy
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Ringworm (Tinea)
- Schoenlein-Henoch Purpura
- Acne Rosacea
- Shingles (Zoster Sine Herpete)
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Actinic Keratosis
- Lice Infestations
- Acne Scar (Acne Keloid)
- Hair Diseases
- Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) Infection
- Basal Cell
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
Took daughter for acne treatment. After a 30 minute wait in waiting room and another 30 minute wait in exam room, Dr. Woodbury came in and did less than a 5 second evaluation. He then sat in front of a computer with his back to the patient (my daughter) and plunked loudly on the keyboard while he spoke very quickly explaining numerous medications and their possible reactions. He repeated the same questions which she answered consistently, all three times. I could not keep up with his fast-talk, void of eye contact, chatter. He was uninterested in what my daughter tried to say as if he has seen it all and nothing she could share would have any bearing on what or how he intended to treat. My hope is that the treatment prescribed will help but we will not plan a return visit.
He did a biopsy for a tiny bump and ended up slashing a long gash and pulling out a big chunk of skin and tissue. So much blood was spurting everywhere and there was an inch long set of stitches that were raised and crooked and messy. That week a family surgeon said the stitches were very badly done. When nurse removed stitches she couldn't get them all out and I had to pull them out myself the next week. I got A second opinion with a dermatologist said it was a keloid which could have been easily treated with a simple injection and not a surgery that left such a long visible scar. Now there is a huge ugly scar that was totally unnecessary.
Dr. Woodbury is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. George R Woodbury Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRheumatology And Dermatology Associates Pc, 8143 Walnut Grove Rd, Cordova, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George R Woodbury Jr in this video.
Dr. George R Woodbury Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cordova, TN.