Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George M Yiachos
Dr. George M Yiachos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Garden City, NY. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Yiachos is affiliated with Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, North Shore University Hospital and Southside Hospital. Dr. Yiachos has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. George M Yiachos has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 11
I have a serious cardiac condition that was not diagnosed properly by this other hack of a DR.from Rockville Centre(an internist)Thank God I found Dr. Yiachos. He diagnosed my problem during the first visit and recommended a difibulator implant to shock my heart back to life because the condition left me prone to an arrythmia called the DEATH SPIRAL. Before I saw Dr. Y, I had no idea...none!The thing I love about him, in addition to the fact that he knows his stuff is that he knows how to TALK to people. That is so important especially when you are a heart patient. I am not saying that he sugar coats things or pulls any punches. What he does is give you hope! In his words, "We hope for the best, but prepare for the worst." He has painstakingly worked with medications that continue to serve me well. In fact, I just finished swimming 40 laps! A lot of it has to do with the hope that he has given me in addition to his excellent care. No matter what happens, I will always thank God, for Dr. Yiachos and I hope that heart patients who do not feel confident with the care they are getting will go see Dr. Y. They don't come any better. I have already beaten the odds by over 10 years, largely thanks to him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Yiachos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1991
Winthrop University Hospital
Dr. George M Yiachos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsIsland Cardiac Specialists, 1401 Franklin Ave, Garden City, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George M Yiachos in this video.
Dr. George M Yiachos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Garden City, NY.