Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. George Zahrebelski has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George Zahrebelski has the following 23 expertise
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn's Disease
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Hepatitis B
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Celiac Disease
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Hepatitis C
- Liver Diseases
- Nutritional Support
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. George Zahrebelski has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. George Zahrebelski is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Zahrebelski is one of the most capable, understanding, focused, confident and most of all, knowledgeable doctors I have ever known. My wife shares the same feelings. We are both 64 and 65 and have seen several doctors over the years. Dr. Zahrebelski will not simply write you a prescription and go on to the next patient. He spends a lot of time explaining to you what is or may be going on in your digestive system. He understands the types of care that patients receive and the importance of the types of food we eat. Many patient problems are a direct result of how the food industry prepares or "manufactures" what we find appetizing in the market. Dr. Zahrebelski will spend a lot of time with you, but that also depends on how open you are to listening to him. He will entertain all the questions you have but one must remember that you cannot diagnose yourself and you are there for him to figure out how to solve your issue. The fact that he spends so much time with a patient is one of the main reasons my wife and I see him when necessary. You may have to wait in the waiting room for a while to finally see him, but in today's medicine that is a very low price to pay to see a doctor who cares and is committed as much as Dr. Zahrebelski.
Very late for procedure. I found an electrode on my chest when I got home. 1 excellent nurse and the other was unprofessional in appearance with heavy makeup and perfume. Not what I want to see in a nurse. Staff member followed up the next day. That seemed weird, thought the doctor should have done that. No post colonoscopy issues.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
31 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
Dr. George Zahrebelski accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDigestive Disorders And Liver Center, 1220 W Higgins Rd Ste 101, Hoffman Estates, IL
Dr. George Zahrebelski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hoffman Estates, IL.