Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gerald Adler MD
Dr. Gerald Adler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Snellville, GA, with another office in Conyers, GA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Adler is affiliated with Eastside Medical Center, Dekalb Medical at North Decatur and Gwinnett Medical Center - Lawrenceville. He speaks English.
Dr. Gerald Adler has 2 locations
1700 Tree Ln
Snellville, GA 30078
1309 Milstead Rd NE
Conyers, GA 30012
Dr. Gerald Adler has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Gerald Adler has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Gerald Adler is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gerald Adler - Posted on June 13th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gerald Adler - Posted on September 15th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gerald Adler - Posted on June 4th, 2012
every appoint you will spend 90 minutes, we have never been in his office under 90 min for every visit. From over crowed waiting room, over booked appointments to sales people in the morning hours. He does spend plenty of time talking to us, allowing you to talk and ask questions. He explains everything in great detail, making you feel comfortable and really shows concern for his patients. He has awesome bedside manners, I'm grateful for his help. Not one of those doctors who step inside your hospital room for 30 seconds, he actually spends time chatting and helps to educate you about your heath and medications, what needs to be done to improve your health.
Dr. Adler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Josephs Hospital - Atlanta
Joan Glancy Memorial Hospital
Gwinnett Medical Center - Duluth
Gwinnett Women's Pavilion
Cartersville Medical Center
41 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1976
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Gerald Adler Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Gerald Adler's office for more information.
1700 Tree Ln Snellville, GA : (770) 979-2828
1309 Milstead Rd NE Conyers, GA 30012
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gerald Adler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Snellville, GA.