Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Gerald T Albrecht Jr
Dr. Gerald T Albrecht Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Henrico, VA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Albrecht is affiliated with Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest and CJW Medical Center - Johnston Willis Hospital Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Gerald T Albrecht Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Gerald T Albrecht Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 3
Dr. Albrecht is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Gerald T Albrecht Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Cardiology Virginia, 7603 Forest Ave Ste 401, Henrico, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerald T Albrecht Jr, MD - Pediatric Cardiology in Henrico, VA, in this video.
Dr. Gerald T Albrecht Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Henrico, VA.