Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gerald J Alexander MD
Dr. Gerald J Alexander, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orange, CA, with other offices in Irvine, CA and Orange, CA (and 2 other locations). He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Gerald J Alexander has 5 locations
1010 W La Veta Ave Ste 775
Orange, CA 92868
16405 Sand Canyon Ave Ste 200
Irvine, CA 92618
15785 Laguna Canyon Rd Ste 125
Irvine, CA 92618
Book Online Now
Dr. Gerald J Alexander has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Gerald J Alexander has the following 16 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Laser Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
Dr. Gerald J Alexander is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gerald J Alexander - Posted on March 23rd, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gerald J Alexander - Posted on May 30th, 2017
Excellent Back Surgeon
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gerald J Alexander - Posted on December 12th, 2016
I had had my 1st back surgery for scoliosis at 16; fused 4 vertebrae. I've always had back pain and was hunched over. I didn't realize I was learning forward because of the side-view of my spine. Dr. Alexander fused the vertebra below my initial surgery w/ an angled piece. I was very nervous about a 2nd surgery because of the results from my first, but I am so glad I had it. My posture is much better, and I actually gained an inch (I was 5'4" and am now 5'5"). My back is stronger. He's an amazing surgeon and explains everything in detail. Has a great bedside manner.
Payton Mannung Surgery
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gerald J Alexander - Posted on October 24th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gerald J Alexander - Posted on September 7th, 2016
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
25 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Gerald J Alexander Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Gerald J Alexander
Dr. Alexander attended medical school at Loma Linda University in Loma Linda, CA, subsequently serving his orthopaedic surgery residency at Loma Linda as well. His fellowships include Spine Surgery at UCLA Medical Center; he is certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. His memberships include the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the California Orthopaedic Association, and the Orange County Medical Association. Gerald J. Alexander MD specializes in disorders of the spine. Dr. Alexander grew up in Edmonton, Canada and moved to California for undergraduate studies in 1984. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Pacific Union College in 1988. He attended Loma Linda University Medical School and received his MD degree in 1993. He then completed a five-year residency in orthopedic surgery and went on to UCLA for fellowship training in spinal surgery. Dr. Alexander has been practicing in Fullerton since 1999. He is a Qualified Medical Examiner and board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gerald J Alexander is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Orange, CA.