Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerald M Aronoff has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Gerald M Aronoff has the following 15 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Intractable Pain
- Depressive Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Sleep Disorders
- Cancer Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Migraine Disorders
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Gerald M Aronoff has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gerald M Aronoff is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 66
Dr. Aronoff is the best doctor I have ever had. He is very kind and caring to his patients. But most of all, he is a brilliant physician with many degrees of expertise. He travels around the world to share his knowledge with fellow physicians about chronic pain control and management. He has also written several books about this troubling, yet very real disease. I have been a patient of Dr. Aronoff for 17yrs. I'm very satisfied with his techniques for this horrible disease. In my case, being Fibromyalgia and degenerative arthritis. I continue to be very appreciative of, in my opinion, a brilliant physician.
I went to visit Dr. Aronoff in hopes of finding a decent pain doctor to control this Non-Stop burning in my back. I was very disappointed to say the least to find that he was more of a psycho trying to determine whether I was just making all of my pain up. I have sense enough to know when I am in pain and I do not understand how some of these doctors can call themselves pain management doctors when they are afraid to prescribe anything stronger than Tylenol. I believe the main goal of doctors such as this one is to prove that the pain is all in your head or to have the Mind Over Matter so to speak. This doctor was a complete waste of time for me and I am still on the journey seeking a legitimate pain management doctor who has compassion for those in real pain plus does not mind writing out pain medicine that actually works for someone not meaning Tylenol. I have dealt with chronic back pain for 7 years and I am considering surgery but I do need to control the pain in the meantime. It would be nice to know which Clinic one of the folks who posted on here went to after going to this doctor and they said it was up the street. I most certainly am open to suggestions for anyone within 40 miles of Mecklenburg County who has a legitimate and compassionate pain doctor because I am tired of looking plus I am tired of the games that they like to play. My quality of life would be much better if I could find a decent and compassionate pain doctor who cares about their patients not just the money or themselves. Thank you for allowing me to share.
46 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1972
Boston City Hospital
Dr. Gerald M Aronoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsMid Atlantic Emergency Medical Associates PA, 1900 Randolph Rd Ste 900, Charlotte, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerald M Aronoff in this video.
Dr. Gerald M Aronoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.