Dr. Gerald Aronoff Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Gerald Aronoff?

Excellent practice

Posted on September 26th, 2017

Dr. Aranoff was kind and listened to me for over an hour. The whole practice is caring, from Dr. Aranoff, Chris the nurse practitioner, the nurses and the girls at the front desk. I can't recommend them enough. Pam Garrison

A doctor who is past his time and needs to retire.

Posted on May 13th, 2017

When you see this doctor, be prepared for a two hour consult in which you will have to compete with his dictation microphone. He is also condescending and speaks to you like a child. He does not partner with you as a patient and barely even remembers what you said.

Posted on January 6th, 2017

a long wait time but worth the wait - more detail than any other practice my husband and I have experienced

My Thoughts and Appreciation

Posted on May 20th, 2016

Dr. Aronoff is the best doctor I have ever had. He is very kind and caring to his patients. But most of all, he is a brilliant physician with many degrees of expertise. He travels around the world to share his knowledge with fellow physicians about chronic pain control and management. He has also written several books about this troubling, yet very real disease. I have been a patient of Dr. Aronoff for 17yrs. I'm very satisfied with his techniques for this horrible disease. In my case, being Fibromyalgia and degenerative arthritis. I continue to be very appreciative of, in my opinion, a brilliant physician.

Psycho Babble

Posted on April 21st, 2016

I went to visit Dr. Aronoff in hopes of finding a decent pain doctor to control this Non-Stop burning in my back. I was very disappointed to say the least to find that he was more of a psycho trying to determine whether I was just making all of my pain up. I have sense enough to know when I am in pain and I do not understand how some of these doctors can call themselves pain management doctors when they are afraid to prescribe anything stronger than Tylenol. I believe the main goal of doctors such as this one is to prove that the pain is all in your head or to have the Mind Over Matter so to speak. This doctor was a complete waste of time for me and I am still on the journey seeking a legitimate pain management doctor who has compassion for those in real pain plus does not mind writing out pain medicine that actually works for someone not meaning Tylenol. I have dealt with chronic back pain for 7 years and I am considering surgery but I do need to control the pain in the meantime. It would be nice to know which Clinic one of the folks who posted on here went to after going to this doctor and they said it was up the street. I most certainly am open to suggestions for anyone within 40 miles of Mecklenburg County who has a legitimate and compassionate pain doctor because I am tired of looking plus I am tired of the games that they like to play. My quality of life would be much better if I could find a decent and compassionate pain doctor who cares about their patients not just the money or themselves. Thank you for allowing me to share.

Posted on November 8th, 2015

Acted as though I was lying about my condition

Posted on May 3rd, 2015

I found Dr A to be thorough and professional if you're there for legit help!

Posted on April 20th, 2015

If you need a pain doctor please seek another practice. I always wait more than an hour. I am see him for suboxane and he speaks to me like I am a loser. It would be nice to have someone that treats you like you would like to be treated. Makes me feel like a loser.

Posted on April 15th, 2015

Arrogant and snobby Dr.

Couldnt believe the arrogance nor gaul!

Posted on March 6th, 2015

I made an adopt with this Dr. Due to the fact that he was involved with the social security administration for determining disability for people with neurological pain, ie. Fibromyalgia. He gave me a physical, confirmed the fibromyalgia, ignored my neck issues of protruding discs, shoulder impingement syndrome. Had me take a urine test and return a week later. I returned, of course I'm going there because I need pain medicine as I have done all of the other treatments possible for fibromyalgia and medicine is the last resort according to the arthritis foundation. Along with the fact that surgery is the last last option for shoulder impingement syndrome and discs in neck. Was told that I would receive no opioids. He referred to the research done at a university. Which I discovered they had not even used opiates in the test. It was a theory. It was not fact. I know this because I contacted the researcher after I had heard this from this physician. Received a reply and sent it to Dr Aronoff. Needless to say, I wouldn't have gone to the pain Dr if my primary care doctor could have prescribed long term pain meds. They referred me to him because they can't give pain meds for chronic pain any longer at primary care offices because of pain management clinics popping up every where. When a person has earnestly tried for 15 years to take any therapy available without the use of opiates then opiates are the last resort. I didn't feel this Dr would hear me out. As a matter of fact I was told there's no chi pay for Medicare but since I walked out on him and refused to be talked down to he charged me the co pay and it's on my credit report as a delinquency. Mean, mean, Dr. For someone who is supposed to understand how painfully debilitating fibromyalgia is.

Posted on February 17th, 2015

I 100% agree with previous reviewers that he is a horrible doctor; he is definitely the WORST Dr. I have ever seen. I had to wait over 2 hours to be seen by him and he honestly could have cared less about me or my pain. He was arrogant , condescending, and downright RUDE!!!! He interrupted me, and spent maybe 10 minutes discussing my issues. I have never been treated with such disrespect by a doctor, and I had no desire to ever set foot in his office again. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time and money on him.

ZERO STARS!!!

Posted on January 9th, 2015

I've been on pain management for 13+yrs but due to insurance I had to switch doctors. I have to agree with several of the previous reviews. This doctor first rolled his eyes when he first heard the medications I was on then took me off those medications & drastically dropped my dose to the point where I am in worse pain & can barely do my basic daily care. From day one I have not been told of any type of treatment plan he plans to do in order to help me other then he dropped & changed my medications. Plus the medications he has prescribed my insurance does not cover. Then I was told he expects to see improvement... First, How am I suppose to improve if I'm not on the proper dose of medications with NO treatment plan!? Second, I could be wrong but pain management is virtually the last stop when other doctors can no longer help and after 13+years of pain I don't think it's going to improve especially when every 3+years I get a new MRI which shows more deterioration. Finally, his staff needs to learn to communicate with each other & their customer service sucks! I would of left the stars at zero but this sight would not allow me to submit this review without at least one star rated! But this rating is a ZERO!!!