Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gerald B Harris Jr
Dr. Gerald B Harris Jr, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Glendale, AZ. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Harris is affiliated with Banner Boswell Medical Center and Banner Del E Webb Medical Center. Dr. Harris has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gerald B Harris Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 17
My pharmacy called in a refill for a basic inhaler. One day went by without a response, the next day I called at 8am and spoke with a lady with attitude who told me that she will get it to Dr. Harris to complete. I then call back 7hrs later at 3pm and the same lady gave me even more attitude and assured me that the Dr would address my request. We are now on day 4 without having a inhaler and I'm still waiting for the refill. My wife and I are in search for a new Primary, we've had enough.
He overcharges for his visits. His billing process is based on how many minutes he spends on you and on all of my office visits he charged that I was there additional time than I actually was. Also being a medicare patient, tried to charge/bill me for expenses that are not allowed by medicare. Patients beware, you are not responsible for balances on office visits if you are a medicare patient. Your bill is to be turned into medicare for them to investigate the charges.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Harris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Gerald B Harris Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRenovare Wellness By Design, 18301 N 79th Ave Ste G190, Glendale, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerald B Harris Jr in this video.
Dr. Gerald B Harris Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.